Friday, February 19, 2010

How to write the Covering Letter

Dear Sir or Madam,

First paragraph: - Background info about yourself, name and what you're currently doing at the moment academically wise. Keep it brief though. There's no need to ramble, maybe three or four sentences.

Second paragraph: - Not essential, but it may be useful telling them why you are interested in surveying. Again, keep it concise.

Third paragraph: - Something along the lines of, "I have no/limited experience in the area and I would appreciate it if you could offer a work placement, ideally (state preferred length of placement) in length, so I can gain a further insight into the area and also to give me invaluable work experience. This would give me the opportunity to find out whether this is the right career before I take an accredited degree"

Fourth paragraph - Let them know when you're available, or ask whether or not you can arrange a meeting with someone from the firm in order to discuss things further.

Thank you for your time.

Yours faithfully

You

No comments:

Post a Comment